It is possible to forget that COVID-19 is only a relatively young virus. And with that, experts are also struggling to find ways to handle it. Today, a recent report indicates that one possible cure for the virus may be found in your local pharmacy: traditional sleep aid melatonin.
The November study, which was published in the journal PLOS Biology, analyzed patient results from the Cleveland Clinic COVID-19 registry.1 Researcher found that melatonin use was related to an approximately 30% reduced risk of positive testing for SARS-CoV-2, the virus that triggers COVID-19, after age, race, smoking history, and comorbidity-adjusted scientists. The figures for people in some communities were also higher: Afro-Americans had a 52 percent reduced chance of positive results, while those with diabetes were at a 48 percent lower risk.
Researchers Identify Melatonin as Possible COVID-19 Treatment. https://www.verywellhealth.com/melatonin-possible-covid-19-treatment-5087816