Pet owners should seek direct health care bills when they develop unusual flu-like symptoms, health practitioners say after an instance study about a 63-year-old man in Germany who passed away from a rare infection developed when his dog liked him.
The infection was because of capnocytophaga canimorsus bacteria, that found in the mouths of cats and dogs, but transmitted to humans, CNN revealed.
The actual situation study was published in the Journal of Case Reports in Internal Medicine.
In May, doctors amputated an Ohio woman’s legs and hands after she contracted a capnocytophaga canimorsus infection, likely caused when her puppy licked an open cut, CNN noted.
Last year, the doctors amputated a Wisconsin’s man nose and limbs after he contracted the same types of infection.
Capnocytophaga canimorsus is “normal flora of a dog’s mouth and in most cases does not cause any important disease. However, within the wrong place, at the wrong time, when you look at the wrong patient … it can cause severe infections — but very, ,” Dr. Stephen Cole, lecturer in veterinary microbiology, University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine, told CNN.
Author’s resource box: